Romantic journey in Andalusië
The journey begins with a relaxed stay at the Hacienda Benazuza, which is located just outside of Seville and is housed in an authentic Hacienda with beautiful gardens and a lovely swimming pool. Not to be missed is a dinner in hotelrestaurant, El Bulli, renowned for it’s Spanish gastronomy which has been brought to unprecedented heights. After four days of relaxing and pampering you will travel by convertible to the most important cultural heritage sites of the country. After the fall of the Roman Empire in the eighth century, Spain came under Moorish reign for nearly 700 years and this period has left valuable art treasures. Here after came the golden age of Andalusia, bringing with it prosperity to the cities.
Day 1: Arrival in Sevilla
Direct flight from Amsterdam to Seville and by rental car to the Spanish property Benazuza, which is a half hour drive from the historic centre of Seville.
Day 2 to 5: Hacienda Benazuza
Relax by the pool with the sparkling capital of Andalusia within hand reach. Seville is one of the most beautiful cities in Spain. It has many monuments recalling the days when the Spaniards made great voyages of discovery, gathering many riches along the way. In the evening there is a wide choice of tapas bars to enjoy and exciting authentic flamenco shows to see.
Day 5: Departure via Carmona to Córdoba
The journey continues first to Carmona, with beautiful mansions and historic centre and later on to Cordoba (150km). Dinner and overnight are reserved at the Palacio del Bailo *****, a unique palace hotel, with a lovely courtyard and pool, located in the town centre. In the ninth and tenth century Cordoba was the main city and the intellectual centre of Europe. The Mezquita, a former mosque, is the most important monument from this period. It’s a stunning building with many pillars of marble. At a later date it was built into a cathedral.
Day 6: Córdoba- Granada
The journey continues on to Granada (165km) and the world famous Alhambra, a former Moorish stronghold with breathtaking palaces and beautiful gardens. Here, the Moorish culture came to unprecedented heights and the architectural decorations and styles are among the most beautiful Andalusia has to offer.
Day 7: Granada
Visit the palaces of the Alhambra and the gardens of the Generalife, with the beautiful peaks of the Sierra Nevada in the background.
Day 8: Return to Amsterdam
Return to Malaga Airport for the flight to Amsterdam. Or travel the coast for a lovely stay at the seaside. This tour can also be booked in reverse.
8-day journey from approx € 1500 per person including:
- return flight Amsterdam-Sevilla/Malaga
- zeven overnights incl. breakfast
- room upgrade upon availability
- rental Convertible car from day 1 to day 6
Not included: single room supplement, transfers, entrance fees, insurance. The package price is based on the cheapest booking class. When fully booked charges will apply for a more expensive class.
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- 15-day private tour Colombia,
- 16-day private tour Cuba with driver,
- Colonial Paramaribo & unspoiled rainforests,
- Individual journey to Laos & Cambodja,
- Individual fly & drive Namibia,
- Mysterious Peru, Land van de Inca’s,
- Off the beaten track in Zambia,
- Out of Africa in Tanzania & beach stay in Zanzibar,
- Rio de Janeiro, The waterfalls of Iguazu, North Argentinië and Buenos Aires.,
- South Africa, discover “a world in one country”,
- The most beautiful contrasts of La Réunion and Mauritius,
- Uganda Experience,
- America’s Route Number 1,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom Tour,
- Arabian nights,
- City breaks,
- Exclusively to rent for groups,
- Family adventure,
- Golf trips,
- Honeymoon trips,
- Special Beach Collection,
- Villas and country houses,