Off the beaten track in Zambia
Zambia is a great still relatively undiscovered destination in Africa where you will find that nature has been virtually untouched. With an area of 22,400 km2, Kafue National Park in the west of Zambia, is one of the largest game reserves in the world. A wide variety of wildlife in combination with the low number of visitors make a safari here spectacular. A great combination tour is Kafue together with South Luangwa National Park and Victoria Falls. A wonderful option to end your tour is to relax on the sandy beaches of Lake Malawi .
Mukambi Safari Lodge
This small lodge is beautifully situated in Kafue National Park and can be reached with an overland transfer from Lusaka. There are several daily activities possible such as: game drives in open Land Rover, boat trips on the river and exciting walking safaris. There are three viewing platforms overlooking the river, a perfect place to relax and enjoy the beautiful sunsets. A dip in the pool is also very refreshing. There are eight chalets, seven safari tents and a spacious villa for families, all overlooking the Kafue River.
Busanga Plains Camp
This seasonal bush camp is located deep in the heart of the famous Busanga Plains, a beautiful wetland area in Kafue National Park. The camp is about a 5 hour drive from Mukambi in a remote area and is accessible only 4 months per year. It consists of four safari tents with en-suite bathrooms and an outdoor elevated plateau of boma, which offers the visitor unique views of the Busanga Plains.
8 day safari from € 3.585, – per person including airfare, transfers, 7 nights (4n Mukambi & Busanga 3n), full board and safaris.
The lodges are run by a Dutch couple and RTL4 once made a TV show (From Amstelveen to Africa) over their departure to Zambia.
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- 15-day private tour Colombia,
- 16-day private tour Cuba with driver,
- Colonial Paramaribo & unspoiled rainforests,
- Individual journey to Laos & Cambodja,
- Individual fly & drive Namibia,
- Mysterious Peru, Land van de Inca’s,
- Off the beaten track in Zambia,
- Out of Africa in Tanzania & beach stay in Zanzibar,
- Rio de Janeiro, The waterfalls of Iguazu, North Argentinië and Buenos Aires.,
- South Africa, discover “a world in one country”,
- The most beautiful contrasts of La Réunion and Mauritius,
- Uganda Experience,
- America’s Route Number 1,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom Tour,
- Arabian nights,
- City breaks,
- Exclusively to rent for groups,
- Family adventure,
- Golf trips,
- Honeymoon trips,
- Special Beach Collection,
- Villas and country houses,