To start your journey with confidence, it is important to build in safeguards.
ANVR members with ANVR logo as a guarantee of quality and assurance, offer the consumer the reassurance of an excellent and reliable service.
All ANVR-affiliated travel agencies and travel organizers are members of the SGR (Travel Refund Guarantee Fund) and the Calamity Fund.
Valerius Reizen BV is ANVR member (4490) and operates under the Rules and Regulations of the Dutch Travel Agency and Touroperator Association (ANVR).
This association sets high standards for membership and promotes the quality of the trip and the related information. The Rules and Regulations can be downloaded at the ANVR website.
Valerius Reizen B.V. Is registered in the Chamber of Commerce under the number 34143140. Our VAT number is 8093.60.275.B.01
Advantages of booking at an ANVR travel agency
- All ANVR-affiliated travel agencies and travel organizations are obliged, as ANVR members, to participate in the SGR (Travel Refund Guarantee Fund) and the Calamity Fund. The customer consequently runs no financial risk if the supplier becomes insolvent or a calamity occurs at the destination itself.
- The advisers of the ANVR travel agency must satisfy the ANVR quality requirements. These include the availability of professionally trained staff and access to sufficient information sources to provide good travel advice, including objective information material on accommodation. Customers can thus expect professional advice from an ANVR travel agency.
- The all-round ANVR travel agency can rely on modern information and booking equipment to permit price comparisons between different travel organizations to specific destinations. The ANVR travel agency also has access to the latest travel information and advice as well as a database containing general country and health information. In addition, the travel agency can arrange travel and travel cancellation insurance tailored to the client’s precise needs and circumstances.
- The consumer can rely on balanced and equitable booking and delivery conditions: the ANVR travel agency ensures that travel contracts comply with the ANVR booking conditions. Organized holidays & trips that are offered through an ANVR travel agency are virtually always advertised in the travel brochures of the ANVR travel organizations. These holidays & trips are subject to the ANVR Travel Conditions. Both sets of conditions were drawn up in consultation with the Consumer Association.
- Consumers who have a complaint about the service that is not resolved satisfactorily can turn to the Disputes Committee in The Hague (part of the Disputes Committee for Consumer Affairs.) The Disputes Committee deals with the complaint in a session and, after hearing the parties, makes a binding decision. The ANVR guarantees that these decisions are honoured.
ANVR – Travel conditions
These conditions set out the mutual rights and obligations of the travel organizer and the consumer. These were drawn up in consultation with the Consumer Association.
ANVR – Booking conditions
The booking conditions of the travel agents create a clear position for both the consumer and the travel agent.
ANVR – Most frequently asked questions
For answers to questions about a planned, booked or completed journey arranged through an ANVR member travel agent (travel agency) or travel organizer (tour operator), you can go to the ANVR website under ‘Questions’.
Stichting Garantiefonds Reisgelden (Travel Refund Guarantee Fund)
The SGR offers the consumer financial protection for any advance payments made if a travel company is no longer able to meet its financial obligations. More information on the SGR can be found on the website:
Stichting Calamiteitenfonds Reizen (Calamity Fund for Travellers)
The aim of the fund is to offer financial compensation to travellers whose holiday or trip is discontinued due to unforeseen calamities. The CF (Calamity Fund for Travellers) has a website where you can also find information and/or advice on destinations.
Travel Disputes Committee
This committee forms part of the Disputes Committee for Consumer Affairs and handles disputes between consumers and travel companies. The complaints handling procedure is conducted in accordance with article 17 and 18 of the Travel Conditions and article 8 and 9 of the Booking Conditions.
Sustainable tourism takes into account the environment, people, nature and culture while travelling in order to make travelling for future generations also possible and enjoyable. The travel agencies are involved in making sure this balance is met. ANVR tour operators are compelled to draw an environmental programme with practical measures. In this programme the travel companies describe how they will manage these concerns for the environment now and in the future. For this purpose there are trained environmental coordinators. We meet the obligations in accordance with the requirements of the ANVR Tour Operators Foundation for the Environment. You can read below our declaration regarding sustainable tourism.
Environment Conservation Declaration
As the major world economic activity, tourism has an enormous impact on man and the environment. To avoid that this impact leads to degradation and affecting the beauty of travelling various parties must work together. Sustainable tourism is nothing else than taking into account the environment, people, nature and culture so that travelling remains possible for future generations. Valerius Reizen is closely involved in the development of sustainable tourism and is trying to contribute where possible by means of environment friendly policies. We will develop high-quality trips where the (small-)scale of the accommodation plays an important role. We also check the positive effects of travel on nature, culture and the local population and try to limit the negative effects as much as possible. Information and cooperation play an important role in our environmental policy.
By means of proper information about sustainability and alternatives we want to make a responsible choice for you. At the same time we realize that the achievement of sustainable development goes beyond the individual interests and the possibilities of the traveller and travel agency. That is why we opt for a wide-ranging cooperation and exchange of information.
Valerius Reizen is committed to achieve these objectives. Therefore it makes time and resources available; and environmental protection is a constant concern in our operations.
In addition, we encourage initiatives of our staff to reduce the negative effects on the environment, related to the products and services that Valerius Reizen provides.
You are as a holidaymaker also a vital link. You can find more information about sustainable tourism in the ANVR brochure and on the website.
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- Africa & Indian Ocean,
- India: Land of Contrasts,
- Malawi: Lake Malawi,
- Mauritius & La Réunion,
- South Africa: Family Adventure,
- South Africa: Charming,
- Sri Lanka: Family Adventure,
- Sri Lanka,
- Tanzania: Family Adventure,
- Uganda: Experience,
- Zambia: Undiscovered,
- Capeverdian Islands,
- South Africa: Cape Town,
- Namibia: Silent & Pure,
- Tanzania & Zanzibar,
- Australia & New Zealand,
- Asia & Middle East,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: the jewels of Persia,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: Desert Treasures,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Peninsula Musandam,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Vietnam: many shades of green,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- Canada & North America,
- South America + Caribbean Sea,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina, Chile & Brazil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentina & Uruguay,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: meet the locals,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos,
- Peru : Andes and Incas,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- Costa Rica: Green Eco-Paradise,
- Ecuador, Andes & Amazon,
- Africa & Indian Ocean,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,