There are very few destinations where there is so much to see as in Greece. The oldest city of Europe is Athens with the Acropolis once an enclosed sanctuary of the ancient gods and where the city dwellers came together to discuss daily affairs. Other classical antiquity highlights are visits to the theatre of Dionysus, the Temple of Zeus and the National Museum.
Hotel Grande Bretagne is the most renowned hotel in the city, with perhaps the best possible location. A more contemporary hotel is the New Hotel, where the Campana brothers, who are well-known for their adventurous designs, have incorporated three themes of Athenian culture.
From Athens you can easily travel to the picturesque islands off the coast of the Peloponnese peninsula. Spetses and Hydra do not allow motor vehicles and can easily be reached by boat from the port of Piraeus in Athens. The Poseidonion Grand Hotel dates back to 1914 and is a landmark hotel with stylish interiors. It is the “hot spot” for the Greek upper class who love to come and watch the comings and goings of luxury yachts. But the neighbouring island of Hydra, an artists island, is also a must. A great place to stay is the historical Orloff Boutique hotel dating from 1796.
One of the lesser known islands: Folegandros, can be reached from Pireaus by boat in just four hours and also offers beautiful attractions, but for many the presence of Hotel Anemi is one of the main reasons to visit this island.
We would love to help you in selecting the most beautiful islands tours and will also help to take care of the ferry-tickets.
See our 10-day tour Athens and island-hopping:
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- (Nederlands) Afrika & Indische Oceaan,
- (Nederlands) Australie & Nieuw Zeeland,
- (Nederlands) Azie & Midden Oosten,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: Travelling through Central Iran,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: spectacular desert treasure and spa in the Dead Sea,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Dubai & Musandan,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- (Nederlands) Canada & Noord Amerika,
- (Nederlands) Zuid Amerika + Caribische Zee,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina & Brasil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentinië: Buenos Aires,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: by rental car,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos Cruise,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- (Nederlands) Caribbean: ABC Eilandhoppen,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,