Entered at the top of the 2012 list of Lonely Planet’s top 10 countries. This active safari tour by 4WD will lead you along the most beautiful places in Uganda. One of the highlights of this trip is a private gorilla trekking in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. It is possible to extend this tour with a visit to Wild Water Lodge, uniquely situated at the origin of the Nile with excellent rafting opportunities.
PROGRAM 11-day safari tour
Day 1: Flight: Amsterdam- Entebbe
Day 2: Entebbe: Visit to Ngamba Island
Some thirty miles off the coast of Entebbe lies the Ngamba Island chimpanzee sanctuary where the Jane Gooddall Institute receives those chimpanzees that are no longer able to live in the wild.
Day 3: Entebbe – Lake Mburo National Park (5/6 uur)
The relatively small, but interesting Lake Mburo game park includes beautiful lakes in a hilly, green countryside. You will be able to spot impala, zebra, waterbuck and eland as well as a large variety of birds. Enjoy game drives, a walking safari or a boat ride. Accommodation in Mantana tented Camp.
Day 4: Depart to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (6/7 hours).
Bwindi is one of the larger parks of Uganda and besides the mountain gorillas you will also find chimpanzees and blue monkeys here. With a little luck you may also spot elephants during the walks. Two nights in Buhoma Lodge.
Day 5: Bwindi Gorilla tracking
The highlight of this trip is searching for gorillas. After instructions have been given you will join the guides on a hiking trip through the dense rainforest. Even though you may only spend 1 hour with the gorillas, it will be an hour long rememberd.
Day 6: Departure for Queen Elizabeth National Park
One more walk in Bwindi Forest and then departure to the Queen Elizabeth National Park (2/3 hours) where you will find herds of elephants, buffaloes and hundreds of thousands of antelopes. Three nights in Ishasha Wilderness Camp.
Day 7 & 8: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Gamedrives en boat trip over the Kazinga Channel
Day 9: Depart for Kibale Forest National Park
Depart to Kibale (3/4 hours) where, during the walks, you will have the possibility to spot various primates, black, white and red-tailed colobus monkeys and a chimpanzee family whose daily life rituals you will be able to observe. Overnight Primate Lodge***
Dag 10-11: return flight
Return to Entebbe and evening flight to Amsterdam.
Price 11-day safari trip from € 4.500, – pp
Brisk walks are included in this active safari trip and a good physical condition is required.
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- (Nederlands) Afrika & Indische Oceaan,
- (Nederlands) Australie & Nieuw Zeeland,
- (Nederlands) Azie & Midden Oosten,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: Travelling through Central Iran,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: spectacular desert treasure and spa in the Dead Sea,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Dubai & Musandan,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- (Nederlands) Canada & Noord Amerika,
- (Nederlands) Zuid Amerika + Caribische Zee,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina & Brasil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentinië: Buenos Aires,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: by rental car,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos Cruise,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- (Nederlands) Caribbean: ABC Eilandhoppen,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,