Mauritius & La Réunion
The French island of La Reunion is without doubt the most beautiful island in the Indian Ocean and an interesting part of France. Nature is extremely spectacular, the hinterlands having various mountains above 3000m. The French have the tradition to make beautiful hiking trails and this island is no exception with excellent hiking trails in untouched nature. La Reunion is an ideal destination for an active holiday and before or after you have the perfect opportunity to enjoy the beautiful sandy beaches.
The hotels on La Reunion are not super deluxe, but small and charming.
They face the sea or in the rugged interior and are surrounded by unspoiled nature. Before starting your tour of the island, enjoy a stay in Lux * Ile de la Reunion, with it’s lovely big swimming pool and long, sandy beach. The rooms in the Palm Hotel & Spa are housed in Creole villas and the hotel has two pools and a beautiful spa. From June to October there is a good chance to spot whales.
Our La Reunion Tour can easily be combined with a stopover in Mauritius, were exotically beautiful hotels are located. The island is just 200km northeast of La Reunion and is known for its beautiful unspoiled beaches.
Mauritius is no shortage of beautiful resorts and one of our favorites is the newly opened Shangri La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa. Another excellent option is the beautiful Oberoi, located near the Botanical Gardens of Pamplemousses.
The best choice for a smaller boutique hotel would be Paradise Cove, with only 67 rooms and situated on the north coast. The Shandrani Resort offers an affordable stay for families with children and offers special family rooms and three sandy beaches at it’s doorstep. Depending on the time of the year, the wind and sea currents may affect your hotel selection. Please ask our advice for the right choice as we are well acquainted with the Indian Ocean area.
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- (Nederlands) Afrika & Indische Oceaan,
- (Nederlands) Australie & Nieuw Zeeland,
- (Nederlands) Azie & Midden Oosten,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: Travelling through Central Iran,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: spectacular desert treasure and spa in the Dead Sea,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Dubai & Musandan,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- (Nederlands) Canada & Noord Amerika,
- (Nederlands) Zuid Amerika + Caribische Zee,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina & Brasil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentinië: Buenos Aires,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: by rental car,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos Cruise,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- (Nederlands) Caribbean: ABC Eilandhoppen,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,