South Africa: Charming & Beautiful
The mountains in South Africa are multicoloured, the nature beautiful, there is a huge variety of wild animals and a pristine coastline alongside a sparkling sea. This interesting trip by rental car, with accommodation in small charming hotels, takes you from Cape Town along the coast on the famous Route 62 to the wine region.
1ste day: Amsterdam – Cape Town
Non-stop KLM flight to Cape Town and transfer to the charming guest house “Welgelegen”. This elegant and intimate accommodation in the beautiful Garden District, at the foot of Table Mountain. All 13 rooms have been lovingly furnished with a sense of style.
2nd en 3rd day: Cape Town
On the second day, a rental car will be delivered to the hotel and it is time to explore Cape Town and the surroundings. This great metropolis is beautifully situated between Table Mountain and the ocean and offers many attractions. It has a Mediterranean climate, wonderful restaurants, fine shopping and a beautiful hinterland. Make a drive to the Cape of Good Hope, one of the most beautiful routes in South Africa. In Hout Bay the boats lay waiting to take you for a visit to one of the largest bird parks in the world and it’s here that also a large group of seals live.
4th day: Route 62 (180 km)
A 2 hour drive to the picturesque town of Montagu, that forms the heart of South Africa’s famous Route 62, leads through the most beautiful landscapes. Montagu is famous for its mineral springs, rock formations, gardens, vineyards and historic buildings. Overnight at Mimosa Lodge with comfortable rooms and excellent cuisine.
5th and 6th day: Swellendam (55 km)
Swellendam was the third settlement founded by the Dutch East India Company in 1745. Beautifully situated at the foothills of the Langberg Mountains, Swellendam has many historic buildings and a very pleasant atmosphere. The area has a lot to see but it’s also wonderful to enjoy the stay in Bloomestate with only 7 rooms and a lovely garden with pool.
7th and 8th day: Hermanus (150 km)
The journey continues to Hermanus, a charming town with a market and the possiblities to make a lovely walk along the coast. The period between June/ November, is best to spot whales as they then come close in to the coast. Overnight at the elegant guesthouse “Auberge Burgundy” in the historic heart of Hermanus, with 18 rooms and a pool.
9th en 10th day: Wine region (200 km)
The South African wine region produces best quality wines in a beautiful area with many historic wine estates in a “Kaap-Hollandse” style. Next to beautiful landscapes there are picturesque wine villages waiting to be discovered. Overnight in “Hawksmoor House, a beautifully restored wine estate close to Stellenbosch, the second settlement of the Dutch East India Company.
11th day: Cape Town (50 km) – Amsterdam
In the evening return from Cape Town airport to Amsterdam.
Price for 11-day trip is based on 2 persons from € 2.095 per person including:
– KLM flight Amsterdam – Cape Town v.v. in de T-klasse
– Airport taxes and fuel surcharge
– 10 x overnights in double rooms B&B
– 10 x 24 uur rental car categorie B (Hyundai I 20 or similar).
Including unlimited mileage, insurance and damage waiver.
– Road Atlas & Capitool travel guide
– Personal route description
Not included: Single supplement, calamiteitenfonds € 2.50, insurances.
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- (Nederlands) Afrika & Indische Oceaan,
- (Nederlands) Australie & Nieuw Zeeland,
- (Nederlands) Azie & Midden Oosten,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: Travelling through Central Iran,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: spectacular desert treasure and spa in the Dead Sea,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Dubai & Musandan,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- (Nederlands) Canada & Noord Amerika,
- (Nederlands) Zuid Amerika + Caribische Zee,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina & Brasil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentinië: Buenos Aires,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: by rental car,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos Cruise,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- (Nederlands) Caribbean: ABC Eilandhoppen,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,