Bhutan: Magical Kingdom
If there were to be a top three list of the most exciting destinations in the world, Bhutan would undoubtedly be one of the destinations on this list. The isolated Buddhist kingdom is located at the foot of the Himalayas and tourism is very low key. For the King, happiness is more important than economic progress and therefore it is as though time stood still in Bhutan. Tibetan culture, the monasteries and the impressive mountains reaching up to 7500m, make Bhutan a unique destination well suited for the active traveler who prefers pristine countryside and hiking. It is now also possible to visit the eastern part of Bhutan.
The cities of Paro, Thimpu and Punakha are to be found in the western side of the country and are the most developed. Here you will find the best hotels and this area is visited by most tourists. The further east you travel, the quieter it becomes and there may even come a time when you will be the biggest attraction!
In Bhutan it is possible to journey with overnights in high category hotels such as in the unsurpassed Aman Resorts Amankora or Uma hotels in Paro and Punakha. But it is also a good option to plan your overnight stays in standard or traditional middle class hotels. Standard hotels are usually simple guesthouses and the traditional hotels are charming but simple. In the eastern part of Bhutan the overnights are in simple guesthouses.
During your travels you will be accompanied by a private guide and driver and all accommodation and travel costs are included. The best time to visit Bhutan is in the dry season, from November / March, with a greater chance of clear blue skies and phenomenal views of the mountains of the Himalayas.
A 14-day trip through Bhutan based on overnights in standard hotels start from € 5,000 per person.
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- (Nederlands) Afrika & Indische Oceaan,
- (Nederlands) Australie & Nieuw Zeeland,
- (Nederlands) Azie & Midden Oosten,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: Travelling through Central Iran,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: spectacular desert treasure and spa in the Dead Sea,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Dubai & Musandan,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- (Nederlands) Canada & Noord Amerika,
- (Nederlands) Zuid Amerika + Caribische Zee,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina & Brasil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentinië: Buenos Aires,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: by rental car,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos Cruise,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- (Nederlands) Caribbean: ABC Eilandhoppen,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,