America: Best of the West
America, is always a great destination, with unlimited possibilities, for children. There is nothing better than to travel from one adventure to another in this wonderful country, with overnight stays in charming hotels along the way!
The Californian coastline offers one of the most beautiful and varied routes for a fly &drive holiday. A journey along the Pacific Coast Highway, from San Francisco to the south, runs past steep cliffs and deserted sandy beaches and with an early reservation you could also have an overnight stay in the Yosemite NP. Along the coastline, there are beautiful towns and natural phenomena such as Carmel, Santa Barbara and the Big Sur National Park to be explored. From the beaches of Santa Monica, the route will take you inland to one of the craziest cities on this planet, the gambling city of Las Vegas and there after, it is on to the breathtaking Grand Canyon.
Day 1: Direct flight to San Francisco and transfer to Hotel del Sol
Day 2 & 3: San Francisco
Take a cable-car ride from Union Square to Fisherman’s Wharf. Visit Alcatraz Island which was a former prison and is now a popular museum. At Pier 39 there is always a group of seals to spot. Take a bike- ride across the Golden Gate bridge to the other side of the Bay.
Day 4: Via Carmel to Monterey
Drive along the beautiful coastline south to Monterey Bay for a wonderful stay at the Sanctuary Beach Resort.
Day 5 and 6: Monterey
Take a boat trip and become acquainted with marine life found here. You will have a chance to spot seals, sea lions, and various whale species. Visit Cannery Row then on to the spectacular Monterey Bay Aquarium
Day 7: Monterey – Santa Barbara (385km)
Day 8: Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara is a lovely place to relax after the sea.
Day 9: Santa Barbara-Santa Monica (150km)
Drive further on along the coast south to Santa Monica.
Day 10 and 11: Santa Monica
Visit the famous Venice Beach, where you can bike, skate or walk on the boulevard. Or make a trip to Hollywood, where you can visit the Universal Studios.
Day 12: Santa Monica – Las Vegas (450km)
Today you will drive inland to the most bizarre city in the country.
Day 13: Las Vegas
Visit the famous strip, where huge gambling palaces are to be found.
Day 14: Las Vegas – Grand Canyon
The journey continues through Arizona, with the ultimate goal: the Grand Canyon.
Day 15: Grand Canyon
Visiting the Grand Canyon, 450 km long and sometimes up to 29 km wide.
Day 16: Grand Canyon – Sedona
Sedona is the last stop on this tour, visit the Slide Rock State Park, where natural slides are carved into the rocks.
Day 17 & 18 Sedona
Stay at the Enchantment Resort, with lots of outdoor activities.
Day 19: Sedona -Phoenix- Amsterdam (200km)
Today your will return your car at Phoenix Airport. Return flight to Amsterdam.
Day 20: Arrival Amsterdam
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- Africa & Indian Ocean,
- India: Land of Contrasts,
- Malawi: Lake Malawi,
- Mauritius & La Réunion,
- Mauritius: Family Fun,
- South Africa: Family Adventure,
- South Africa: Beautiful & Charming,
- Sri Lanka: Family Adventure,
- Sri Lanka,
- Tanzania: Family Adventure,
- Uganda: Experience,
- Zambia: Undiscovered,
- Capeverdian Islands,
- South Africa: Cape Town,
- Namibia: Silent & Pure,
- Tanzania & Zanzibar,
- Australia & New Zealand,
- Asia & Middle East,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: the jewels of Persia,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: Desert Treasures,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Peninsula Musandam,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Vietnam: many shades of green,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- Canada & North America,
- South America + Caribbean Sea,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina, Chile & Brazil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentina & Uruguay,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: meet the locals,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos,
- Peru : Andes and Incas,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- Brazil: beautiful beaches,
- Caribbean : Bonaire,
- Caribbean: Island hopping,
- Costa Rica: Green Eco-Paradise,
- Ecuador, Andes & Amazon,
- Mexico: Hotspots in Yucatan,
- Africa & Indian Ocean,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,