America: New York & Iceland
According to Buddha our physical world is based on the four basic elements: water, earth, fire and air. Nowhere else in Europe will you find this many forces bundled together as on the outer edge of the North Pole. Smoldering volcanoes, waterfalls, bubbling hot springs and geysers. It is also here that find the phenomenon of the northern lights and midnight sun. Iceland has them all!
We have many choices of special activities: walking on the largest glacier in Europe, diving between the nature plateaus, trekking with Icelandic ponies, whale watching or visit a colony of puffins. After the different activities there is always a hot spring or swimming pool nearby for you to relax and enjoy. These wonders of Mother Nature are just a three- hour flight from Schiphol. It is also possible to include Reykjavik as a stopover on your way to various American or Canadian cities. Those traveling with Icelandair are able to make a stop-over in Iceland for up to 1 week and then fly on to New York, for example.
8-day private tour
Day 1: Reykjavík, the world’s most northern capital city only has 130,000 inhabitants and there are seven great swimming pools to be found here. The city is a good base from which to make excursions in and around the area. Hotel Akureyri is located opposite one of the wonderful pools and Hotel 101 is an attractive boutique hotel.
Day 2 and 3: In the center of Reykjavik there are beautiful churches, cathedrals and a botanical garden waiting to be explored and from the harbor you can go whale watching. The natural thermal heat here is used for heating the pools, of which the Blue Lagoon is the most well known. It is a 40 minutes drive from Reykjavik and is the most popular attraction in the country. With a fairytale setting and heated up to 39 ° C, swimming in this indoor-lake surrounded by black lava rocks and Icelandic steam showers, is absolutely a unique experience.
Day 4: Departure to the southwest for an overnight stay in a spectacular hotel, that in itself already is a special destination. ION Luxury Adventure Hotel has an isolated location within an impressive primeval landscape of barren mountains and vast lava fields. This Eco lodge was built on the outskirts of Thingvellir National Park (UNESCO) and is made from recycled materials and has geothermal heating.
Day 5: Visit to the Golden Circle and Thingvellir National Park. It was on this site that in the year 930 the Althing was created, a meeting in the open air where Iceland’s representatives met for two weeks each year to resolve disputes and to set laws. These meetings were held up to 1798 and this site has a deep-rooted historical and symbolic significance for the Icelandic people.
Day 6 and 7: The ION Luxury Adventure Hotel is all about the activities and there is lots to choose from. For families, there are special treks to be made by Icelandic ponies for both beginners and advanced. Or how about fly-fishing in the rivers, rafting, snorkeling or hiking on glaciers. Afterwards you can enjoy the Lava Spa with a lovely heated outdoor swimming pool and magnificent views.
Day 8: Transfer to the airport for the return flight to Amsterdam.
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- (Nederlands) Afrika & Indische Oceaan,
- (Nederlands) Australie & Nieuw Zeeland,
- (Nederlands) Azie & Midden Oosten,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: Travelling through Central Iran,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: spectacular desert treasure and spa in the Dead Sea,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Dubai & Musandan,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- (Nederlands) Canada & Noord Amerika,
- (Nederlands) Zuid Amerika + Caribische Zee,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina & Brasil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentinië: Buenos Aires,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: by rental car,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos Cruise,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- (Nederlands) Caribbean: ABC Eilandhoppen,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,