America: Miami, the Sunshine State
With a direct KLM flight to Miami, Florida is once again easy to reach.
The district of Little Havana shows that the capital of Florida is Spanish oriented and Miami Beach is considered to be the Riviera of the United States with it’s unique architecture and kilometer-long sandy beaches. South Beach is the place to be with lots of glitz and glamor.
Situated on Ocean Drive you will find the News Cafe, considered to be one of the most famous pubs in the country. Swaying palm-trees face the beautiful Art Deco buildings and these are followed by fantastic sandy beaches and the warm turquoise waters of the ocean.
Our three favorites hotels are:
– The Delano (194 rooms)
A trendy design hotel near Ocean Drive and in the evening “the place to be”.
– Metropolitan by Como (74 rooms)
Newly opened in a beautiful Art Deco building close by the sea, suited to those seeking tranquility
– Townhouse Hotel (69 rooms)
A refreshing boutique hotel well priced, with a nice roof terrace and a good location
Rent a Ford Mustang convertible and explore this wonderful area.
The subtropical archipelago, The Keys, are gracefully situated to the south of Miami and are connected to the mainland by a 220km long highway including 43 bridges. The islands have white beaches and have been divided into five regions: Key Largo, Islamorada, Marathon, Big Pine Key & Lower Keys and Key West. Divers and snorkelers mainly visit Key Largo, with it’s beautiful underwater reserve. The Sunset Key Cottages are located on a small island at seven minute boat ride from Key West.
Miami is also the hop-over to many of the Caribbean islands such as the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos. The One & Only Ocean Club is located on Paradise Island and has beachfront rooms or villas. Why not start the day with a yoga class and then take the bike-ride around the island. And when visiting the Turks & Caicos Islands stay at the Gansevoort Hotel or Parrot Cay by Como. It is possible to fly back home via New York, including stopover here.
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- (Nederlands) Afrika & Indische Oceaan,
- (Nederlands) Australie & Nieuw Zeeland,
- (Nederlands) Azie & Midden Oosten,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: Travelling through Central Iran,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: spectacular desert treasure and spa in the Dead Sea,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Dubai & Musandan,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- (Nederlands) Canada & Noord Amerika,
- (Nederlands) Zuid Amerika + Caribische Zee,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina & Brasil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentinië: Buenos Aires,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: by rental car,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos Cruise,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- (Nederlands) Caribbean: ABC Eilandhoppen,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,