Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts
Despite the fact that Suriname has been independent for the last 30 years, the country still remains very connected to the Netherlands. The capital, Paramaribo, is situated on the wide Suriname River and has many historical buildings that bear witness to Paramaribo’s heritage. The hinterland of Suriname remains pure and unspoiled, an ideal area to spot birds and animals. Suriname is a melting pot of cultures which makes it an interesting destination for delicious food. And of course the fact that the local people are so very welcoming and speak excellent Dutch, really makes a visit to this country really worthwhile.
Day 1. Amsterdam – Paramaribo
KLM flight to Paramaribo and transfer to hotel Torarica & Casino ****, located on the Suriname River, with a beautiful garden, a swimming pool and tennis courts.
Day 2 Paramaribo
Time to take a lovely walk through the old town center along the historic buildings. Or rent a bicycle and explore the area of Paramaribo. A wonderful trip is the boat-ride to Frederiksdorp, a former plantation on the Commewijne River. Here it is also possible to spend the night.
Day 3. Paramaribo – Danpaati
Departure overland to Atjoni, from where you will travel by boat to Danpaati in about 3 hours.. Overnight in the Danpaati River Lodge, built entirely in a traditional style and beautifully situated on the river in the middle of the tropical rainforest.
Day 4. Danpaati
A relaxing stay on the river and a special introduction to the culture of the Maroons, who have their roots in Africa. Lovely walks, boat trips and workshops are some to the possibilities to chose from during your stay. .
Day 5. Danpaati – Paramaribo
Return by boat and minibus to Paramaribo, overnight in Torarica Hotel.
Day 6 flight Paramaribo – Kabalebo
Small planes to the beautiful hinterland leave from the airstrip Zorg & Hoop. After a flight of about one hour over the seemingly endless green jungle, your aircraft will land on a small strip of land next to the Kabalebo Lodge. Here you will meet the staff and make an afternoon excursion by canoe.
Day 7 & 8. Kabalebo Lodge
The lodge is surrounded by stunning nature and located by the river at the foot of the Misty Mountains. Led by naturalist-guides boat trips and excursions will be made in the area.
Day 9. flight Kabalebo – Paramaribo
Time to fly back to civilization and a transfer will bring you to Hotel Torarica.
Day 10. Paramaribo – Amsterdam
During the afternoon a transfer to the international airport (35 km) for the evening flight back to the Netherlands.
Ten-day trip Suriname starting from € 3,000 p.p.
– flight by KLM
– all transfers
– four nights B & B Hotel Torarica in a room with balcony
– return flight to Kabalebo and three nights full board Kabalebo
– Danpaati two nights on full board basis
– activities in Danpaati and Kabalebo
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- Africa & Indian Ocean,
- India: Land of Contrasts,
- Malawi: Lake Malawi,
- Mauritius & La Réunion,
- Mauritius: Family Fun,
- South Africa: Family Adventure,
- South Africa: Beautiful & Charming,
- Sri Lanka: Family Adventure,
- Sri Lanka,
- Tanzania: Family Adventure,
- Uganda: Experience,
- Zambia: Undiscovered,
- Capeverdian Islands,
- South Africa: Cape Town,
- Namibia: Silent & Pure,
- Tanzania & Zanzibar,
- Australia & New Zealand,
- Asia & Middle East,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: the jewels of Persia,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: Desert Treasures,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Peninsula Musandam,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Vietnam: many shades of green,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- Canada & North America,
- South America + Caribbean Sea,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina, Chile & Brazil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentina & Uruguay,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: meet the locals,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos,
- Peru : Andes and Incas,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- Brazil: beautiful beaches,
- Caribbean : Bonaire,
- Caribbean: Island hopping,
- Costa Rica: Green Eco-Paradise,
- Ecuador, Andes & Amazon,
- Mexico: Hotspots in Yucatan,
- Africa & Indian Ocean,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,