Peru: Land of the Inca’s
A journey through the overwhelming nature of the High Andes to the highest lake in the world. Where their colourful Indian women in bowler hats sell their wares at the local markets. Cuzco is the cultural capital of Peru and here you will find the cultural heritage of the Incas and the Spanish periods. The major highlights of this trip, Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley, are not far from Cusco and at the end of the tour the overwhelming Amazon is waiting to be explored.
Day 1. Per KLM from Amsterdam to Lima and overnight in Lima.
Day 2. Lima-Arequipa
Morning flight from Lima to Arequipa and sightseeing. Arequipa is a beautiful colonial city known as the “White City” because of the use of white volcanic stone to build the houses here.
Day 3. Arequipa-Colca
A beautiful journey across the plateau alongside the volcanoes to Colca, for overnight in the beautiful Colca Lodge.
Day 4. Colca
This is the perfect place for spotting the condor. The hotel also has horses and wonderful volcanic thermal baths.
Day 5. Colca-Titilaca
Overland you will travel through an impressive landscape with white peaked mountains and over the Pata Pampa Pass (5000m) to the highest navigable lake in the world, Lake Titacaca. Overnight at the spectacularly located Titilaca Lodge (see main foto).
Day 6 & 7. Titilaca
Two full days to explore this region. There are beautiful boat trips, bike rides and hikes to be made. And interesting visits to indigenous Indian communities that have adapted their own way of life living here at these high altitudes.
Day 8. By train to Cuzco
Day trip in a comfortable train (08:00-18:00) over the plateau to Cuzco.
Day 9. Cuzco
Cuzco is the undisputed Inca capital city and the surrounding area is very remarkable. A good base from which to explore is the unsurpassed Casona Lodge.
Day 10. Cuzco
A visit to the Sacred Valley of the Incas with the attractive village of Ollantaytambo.
Day 11. By train to Machu Picchu
Spectacular train journey to Machu Picchu with fantastic views of the Urubamba River. Overnight in Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel.
Day 12. Machu Picchu
A visit to Machu Picchu, the Inca stronghold with a spectacular location high in the Andes. Around the hotel there are several beautiful walks to be made.
Day 13. By train back to Cuzco
The afternoon is spent at leisure in Cuzco.
Day 14. Cuzco-Amazone region
Flight from Cuzco to Puerto Maldonado for a stay in the Inkatera Reserva Amazone Lodge.
Day 15 & 16 Tambopata National Park
In an overwhelming and unforgettable nature enjoy walks, boat trips and excursions with specialized natuurca. guides.
Day 17. Flight via Lima to Amsterdam
Flight to Lima where you will switched flights for the return to the Netherlands with KLM.
Individual trip “The Best of Peru” from
€ 5000 p.p. based on specialized luxury accommodations
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- Africa & Indian Ocean,
- India: Land of Contrasts,
- Malawi: Lake Malawi,
- Mauritius & La Réunion,
- Mauritius: Family Fun,
- South Africa: Family Adventure,
- South Africa: Beautiful & Charming,
- Sri Lanka: Family Adventure,
- Sri Lanka,
- Tanzania: Family Adventure,
- Uganda: Experience,
- Zambia: Undiscovered,
- Capeverdian Islands,
- South Africa: Cape Town,
- Namibia: Silent & Pure,
- Tanzania & Zanzibar,
- Australia & New Zealand,
- Asia & Middle East,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: the jewels of Persia,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: Desert Treasures,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Peninsula Musandam,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Vietnam: many shades of green,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- Canada & North America,
- South America + Caribbean Sea,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina, Chile & Brazil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentina & Uruguay,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: meet the locals,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos,
- Peru : Andes and Incas,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- Brazil: beautiful beaches,
- Caribbean : Bonaire,
- Caribbean: Island hopping,
- Costa Rica: Green Eco-Paradise,
- Ecuador, Andes & Amazon,
- Mexico: Hotspots in Yucatan,
- Africa & Indian Ocean,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,