Finland:Kakslauttanen in Lapland
In Kakslauttanen Igloo village in northern Finland you will experience one of the best romantic winter sports. Visitors to Lapland are welcome to stay in either attractive wooden cabins (for 2-10 persons) with sauna and fireplace or in a small igloo (for 2 to 4 people). The igloos are made from snow or glass, and the latter have a transparent roof. With a bit of luck you will be able to witness the extraordinary natural phenomenon Aurora Borealis from your comfortable bed! But even during the day there is plenty to do!
Two big husky farms next door invite you for a sleigh ride through a vast winter landscape. After a brief instruction, it will be a thrilling experience as you go out with your dogs. Remember, they go faster than you think. There is a choice between a short safari, one or two hours, or a multi-day tour including overnights. There are also opportunities for safaris on horseback and by reindeer or snowmobile excursions.
Saariselkä, the northernmost Finnish ski center, is just 15 minutes drive from Kakslauttanen and offers ski and snowboard facilities including two hills with 15 slopes and a total of 200km of slopes of various levels and a Terrain Park. The Finns themselves are great lovers of cross country skiing and in this area are also tracks to enjoy.
A special nautical experience is an icebreaker cruise from Kemi being one of the most popular activities in this region. After everyone is on board, the icebreaker carves effortlessly through the meters of thick ice.
Finally, the Finnish sauna is an essential relaxation component that can not be missed during your stay. Close to the river at Kakkslautanen there are three saunas, including the largest sauna in the world, up to 100 people can use it simultaneously. Afterwards you can then take a dip from the jetty and if the river has been frozen over, don’t worry, a hole in the ice will then be made immediately!
The resort is 35 km from Ivalo airport and the northern lights and winter season ends late April.
Let us inspire you:
- Amazing Journeys,
- (Nederlands) Afrika & Indische Oceaan,
- (Nederlands) Australie & Nieuw Zeeland,
- (Nederlands) Azie & Midden Oosten,
- Bhutan: Magical Kingdom,
- China: Along the Yangtze,
- Indonesia: Bali, Garden Island,
- Indonesia: Far East luxury in exotic Bali,
- Iran: Travelling through Central Iran,
- Japan: Secrets of Japan,
- Jordan: spectacular desert treasure and spa in the Dead Sea,
- Malaysia: Borneo,
- Myanmar: Back in Time,
- Oman: Beaches and Bedouins,
- Oman: Dubai & Musandan,
- Oman: The historic forts, wadis, oases and vast sandy beaches of Oman,
- Thailand: Family Adventure.,
- Uzbekistan: Travel the Silk Road by train,
- Laos & Cambodja,
- (Nederlands) Canada & Noord Amerika,
- (Nederlands) Zuid Amerika + Caribische Zee,
- Costa Rica: Family adventure,
- Argentina & Brasil,
- Argentina & Patagonia,
- Argentinië: Buenos Aires,
- Brazil: Family Adventure,
- Colombia: A Big Surprise,
- Cuba: by rental car,
- Ecuador: Quito & Galápagos Cruise,
- Peru: Land of the Inca’s,
- Suriname: Rainforests & Coasts,
- (Nederlands) Caribbean: ABC Eilandhoppen,
- Special Beach Collection,
- X- Villas and country houses,